Re: Logwatch disk space report

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:06:00 +0000, Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Try editing /etc/log.d/scripts/services/zz-disk_space and changing:
>
> grep '^/dev/'
>
> to:
>
> awk '/^\/dev/ { print; if (NF < 6) { getline; print } }'

I have tried something similar to that and for some reason was not
able to get the output I wanted. I tried it this way and it's better
than what I had before, but for some reason my linefeed wasn't being
caught after one of the filesystems, and the next one showed up at the
end of that line instead of on a new line.

Anyhow, what worked out best for me was to change:
df -h | grep '/dev/'

df -hP | grep '/dev/'

Now my output shows all the data but all on one line each.

I supposed there are a dozen other ways to do it too.

--
David