Re: IPTables to restrict an IP address to certain ports

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 09:00 -0600, Doug Coats wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I need to restrict a computer hooked up to my network so that it can only
> access net-bios ports (137-139 I believe).  I idea is to let them transfer
> files and use network printers but nothing else.  The computer will have a
> set IP address.

Your ports are probably wrong and not enough information. The print/file
server is the same machine running IPtables and Fedora?

The client machine is running what? Apparently you are running Windoze.

BTW, you can easily do this yourself with webmin. Webmin provides a very
intuitive GUI for IPT.
Kill Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm
Today's Spam Trap Adds:  http://www.TQMcube.com/BlockedToday
RBLDNSD HowTo:           http://www.TQMcube.com/rbldnsd.htm