RPC error debugging

Can anyone help me.

I keep getting an RPC error 5 error connecting to server on my file server console, and it seems that the system is very slow when this happens, I beleive it may be NFS but I am not sure. Can anyone tell me how to turn on debugging for rpc.mountd?

The server is currently FC2, patched to about 3 weeks ago, it runs Samba, and is a very old 2 x P2 350 with a load average of 15, so it may just be running out of clout, although I have just ordered it's replacement so perhaps it's just really upset!

Thanks,

Neil.

--
Neil Marjoram