How to use evolution-data-server?

Does someone know where I can find documentation how to use the
evolution-data-server?

Unfortunately, in fedora it comes without any docu (or at least I
couldn't manage to find it). And Google is not informative as well.

As I figured out from the sparse information it is a ldap compatible
server for addresses and other pim data, which can be used by evolution
instead of its internal database.

I would like to connect to it from open office and use it as the address
database.

Thanks in advance
Peter