Re: httpd: error

nick wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Ive just rebuilt a webserver using FC3.
But when I start the httpd service I get the following error;

httpd failed. There error was : Starting httpd: (98) Address already
in use: make socket: could not bind to address [::]:80 no listening
sockets available, shutting down unable to open logs [FAILED]

Could someone help to prevent the service failing. I've enabled SSL in
web server settings.

Regards

if you would be so kind, please post the contents of your httpd.conf file so's we can examine its contents. I think I know what the problem is, but would rather be sure by looking at the config file for apache.

--
Mark
Linux User Since 1996