Re: Partition visible to both XP and Fedora?

Create a group called LOCALFS with ID = 500 for example, add your user account to this group, then add mount command to fstab with gid=500. You'll be able to read/write to this partition.
Another possibility is using a EXT2FS on windows, you can find this tool on www.sf.net .

Example of my fstab :

/dev/hdb5 /media/D vfat auto,rw,uid=0,gid=500,showexec,quiet,fmask=117,dmask=007,pamconsole,managed 0 0

Irving, Dave wrote:

However, Im wondering if its possible to create a partition which can be mounted by
both XP and Linux. Is this possible / easy

[Paul Howarth wrote]

Yes, it is. Use a FAT32 partition.

[Samuel Díaz García wrote]

1) FAT32 is visible under FC3 without problems, only need to add a line into /etc/fstab to mount the partition during the system start.

Thanks for the replies... So I think I'll give FAT32 a shot first then...
Currently I've split my (single) hard disk 50/50 between XP and Linux - so Im guessing what I need to do is boot up with the rescue CD and use QTParted to resize one of these and make the remaining space FAT32. Is that basically the idea?