Re: Reiserfs on Fedora

I have been running reiserfs for years on both SuSE and Redhat products. I have also had ext2 and ext3 filesystems on a couple of trial installs. Ext2 is blazing fast, but lacks the journaling. Ext3 works, but I find that it has some very long delays during drive checks and slow file transfers under NFS. I have experimented with FC3 install on ext3 and FC3 install on reiserfs, and have found that under reiserfs drive checks are extremely fast and with fine tuning of the read and write parameters for NFS mounts I get 22-24% speed increase under reiserfs during file transfers.

Bill