Re: apache start error in clean install FC3

Am Di, den 15.03.2005 schrieb a a um 1:57:

> I was having problems with phpMyAdmin and finally traced the fault to
> apache. This is a fresh install which I have updated and nothing else
> has been done

I really doubt you still have a fresh and clean install. Else the errors
below won't occur.

> The server is not echoing errors to the terminal screen when SELinux
> is ON (when I enter "apachectl start" all I see next is the prompt on
> the next line)
>
> So then I set SELinux to OFF and rebooted
>
> next I started apachectl and this happened ....
>
> # /usr/sbin/apachectl start
> [Tue Mar 15 00:18:41 2005] [warn] The Alias directive in
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.c onf at line 493 will probably never match
> because it overlaps an earlier AliasMa tch.
> (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:443
> Unable to open logs
>
> what does it mean? I thought the server was preconfigured to listening port 80

You have modified the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf not correctly. The log
shows 2 errors: the Alias overlapping and the SSL error. Take care that
Apache includes *.conf files located below /etc/httpd/conf.d/. There for
example is the ssl.conf located which collides with your manual
httpd.conf change. I suggest you switch back to the original httpd.conf
which you hopefully saved as httpd.conf.orig or similar for ease of use.
Else you could get it back from the httpd RPM if you can't identify
yourself the problematic changes.

While these errors do not affect phpMyAdmin I guess you have more
misconfigurations done.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 02:36:13 up 2 days, 5:09, load average: 0.53, 0.54, 0.61