Re: phpMyAdmin installation problem

On 3/14/2005 9:44 AM Alexander Dalloz wrote:
Am Mo, den 14.03.2005 schrieb John Swartzentruber um 2:57:

I am sure there is no PHP problem as I have phpMyAdmin running on an FC3
system without any problem.

C'mon Alexander, one working system is hardly conclusive evidence :-).

Speaking from logic, it is an evidence that it runs on FC3 :)

*an* FC3 system

Speaking only for myself, I believe my problem is that for some reason PHP when (and only when) accessed via apache is using the wrong mysqli API. I have a very small script that crashes and have done a backtrace and put print statements in the code. It is a PHP problem, which is not to say that it is a bug in their code. Mostly likely it is either a problem with my system or a bug in the PHP configuration program.

I was speaking about a plain Fedora Core 3 system.

I've posted this in the php.general newsgroup, but if anyone here can tell me why the mysql API version is 3.23.58 when I do a phpinfo() from a browser, but is 4.1.10a when I do a command line call to "php -i", I would love to know. I'm assuming that is my real problem (the script works in the latter case and crashes and burns in the former).

It seems to me you are not using the MySQL version shipping with FC3.

Correct. I found my problem -- I still have mod_auth_mysql loading, and it was using an older (default FC3) version of the mysql shared library.