RE: phpMyAdmin installation problem

On Mon, 14 Mar, 2005 at 9:44 AM Alexander Dalloz said:

>> > C'mon Alexander, one working system is  hardly conclusive evidence
:-).
>> Speaking from logic, it is an evidence that it runs on FC3 :)

I concur.  I have a mostly vanilla FC3 install and it works fine here.

A A asked (in another message) how Alex got it working, for me it just
worked without any special setup so I suspect it's more a matter of what
a a  did to get it NOT working.

A A,

you claim that your system is "a fresh install of FC3 fully updated on a
new intel desktop" so PHP should be either version 4.3.9-3 (or 4.3.10-3
if updated).  MySQL should be 4.23.58-13 (or -14 if updated).  Based on
your messages, however, you seem to have installed MySQL 4.x and don't
have everything set up right for that.  I suspect that's where your
problem is.  If you must use MySQL 4 then search the archives for that
and you'll find plenty of discussion.  Or wait for FC4 which should
include it by default (I think - to be honest, I haven't been watching
that closely lately).

Here's what I'm using:
  mysql-server-3.23.58-14
  httpd-2.0.52-3.1