Re: Multiple DHCP'd addresses on one NIC

Aaron O'Hara wrote:

My ISP officially allows for multiple dynamic IPs on a single account
(Shaw in British Columbia, Canada).  It's an official option, but
currently requires 1 NIC per IP.  I already have 3 public IPs spread
over 3 machines.  I want to amalgamate them to one 'box' for centralized
firewall purposes.

However, it is limited depending on the plan you have. You can't simply plug 4 quad ethernet cards and have 16 dynamic addresses. I don't know if they are actually checking how many IP addresses you used.

With standard "high speed internet", they allow 2 dynamic IP addresses per customer. For bussiness packages, they allow more (5 dynamic for SOHO, 8 dynamic for professinal, 1 static and 8 dynamic for bussiness). You can get additional dynamic and static IP addresses for a monthly fee, however this option is available only for SOHO, profesional and bussiness packages. 2 static addresses are something like $20/month.

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited