Re: sendmail listen

Koller Krisztian wrote:
We have a mail server (FC3 + sendmail) which has a public ip address, but the ip address of network card is 10.0.0.1 (for security reasons, only VPN access over ssh) .
We need use this server from out with its public address.

DAEMON_OPTIONS('Port=smtp, Addr=xx.yy.zz.gg, Name=MTA')

When I write the public address in Addr parameter, sendmail doesn't want start. (I think beacuse the address of network card isn't equals with the public address)

How can I solve the problem?

How is sendmail supposed to be able to listen on an address that your computer does not have an interface for? How is the public IP address associated with this server?

How is your VPN connection established? Is it there all the time, or created on demand?

If you don't specify an "Addr" parameter, sendmail will listen on all interfaces, and should accept connections from VPN interfaces as and when they are established.

Paul.