Re: EMERGENCY - need to secure my server against an ongoing SPAMMER

> Have you tried relabelling your /var/lib/mysql directory? If you've
> copied in files from other places, they may not be labelled correctly.
>
> # restorecon -R /var/lib/mysql

Thanks Paul - I will try that, I did copy files from a working machine
although I deleted them and restored the old ones when the test didn't
work and the problem was there before I did that, so I doubt it will
make any difference but it is good practice and worth a try anyway.

bob