Re: Fedora core 3 / XP dual boot

T Raymond wrote:

I believe you have to set up some space on the disk beforehand so that
fedora has room to install. I havn't done this myself as I don't dual
boot.

Unpartitioned space needs to be available or reclaimed from other partition removal/resizing.

You do have to use a partitioning software to dual boot. In my class and textbook, they say to do that first. HTH.
--Teresa

Most operating systems are capable of setting up partitions to run their native schemes. You do not need to pre-allocate the space with special tools which are not native to the OS you are trying to setup. You just let each OS handle their own formatting and partition sizing. Downsizing or growing filesystems is an exception though.

Jim

-- The mark of a good party is that you wake up the next morning wanting to change your name and start a new life in different city. -- Vance Bourjaily, "Esquire"