RE: Fedora core 3 / XP dual boot

When I resized with qtparted, I did notice a small partition marked as
"hidden".
When I did the resize, it seemed to gobble this up in to the new free
space.

I have seen this a lot. It's as if XP "rounds off" your disk capacity. I have never found a good explanation, but then I am in the habit of making my computers dual-boot which reclaims the lost space.

XP started and seemed to operate fine after this though....
(Hope I haven't screwed anything!).

No, you likely are just fine. I have run like this for years on several machines.

The nasty dual-boot bug of FC2 appears to be a thing of the past.
Ah, is this the "hard disk geometry" thing
(http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-May/msg00908.html

Yes. If you can install without getting errors or warnings about geometry, you're all set.

)? I stumbled across that earlier and was really really hoping I
wouldn't have to deal with it later (I wouldn't mind going out this
evening if I get a chance :o)

Go on out and enjoy!   Erik