Re: Lan to Wan reprise

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 23:38:58 +0000, Tony Dietrich <td@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This may seem silly, but it the WAN NIC actually connecting to the 'net? Is
it picking up an address from your ISP?

What happens if you connect a machine direct to the external NIC?

Nothing is too silly. The WAN is connected directly to the internet. It has a fixed IP. It does not get DHCP from my ISP. It is connecting to the net and getting to websites and picking up mail, just fine. Did you spot something in my script or config file?
I'm not sure I understand your last question. Are you suggesting I unplug the cable between my Linux box and the internet connection, and plug that cable into another computer?

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA