To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:30 PM
Subject: Re: forgot to mount /home during installation

Evans F. Mitchell KD4EFM / AFA2TH FL wrote:

the problem I am having is I am trying to pull files from the red hat 8 hd to the fedora drive and it keeps
bouncing the duplicated LABEL=/boot error at me and that's what I was asking for.

the slash home thing was only being used and an example.
if I enter what you said in the mtab and fstab would I be able to mount the other HD
and pull the files over?

EFM

Now I think I understand what you want ;)
If the error occurs after booting , then here's what you can do.. Edit the fstab and replace "LABEL=/boot" with the
real device. This way , the system will not try to do a mount by label... Another possible solution is changing the labels of all filesystems
to something other than "/" , "/boot" and "/home" for example.. I used "/fc1" as the label of the root partition of FC1 when I reinstalled
my system some time ago to use the test releases... To change the labels , use e2label for ext2/ext3 filesystems. Then , put the new labels in fstab
and everything should work perfectly...

--
Pedro Macedo