Re: httpd.conf trouble

Duncan Lithgow wrote:
Trying to run httpd in fc3.
I would have thought I could get this right by now...

Why doesn't this work?:

# DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"
DocumentRoot "/mnt/SharedFiles/www"

It just keeps saying

"DocumentRoot must be a directory"

It *is* a directory, apache is a member of the owning group, i can get
into the folder myself no trouble. it's fat32 on a different partition -
but i had it working in fc2, so what's the problem? This is really
starting to bug me...

Putting a DocumentRoot on a FAT32 partition is a non-starter if you want to use SELinux to protect httpd. Are you using SELinux?

What's the output of:

$ ls -ld /mnt/SharedFiles/www
$ ls -l /mnt/SharedFiles/www

Paul.