Re: CD-Rom Problems

karl larsen wrote:
I want to say thanks to Alex Dalloz who is a true Linux Expert.

Indeed he is.

> And he gives of his time to tell us what we need to know. I think, from what
he told me is that Fedora Core 2 and up do not use the old kernel command to make all common IDE cd-rom drives appear to be scusi. This is news to me.

It wouldn't have been news to you if you'd read the release notes for Fedora Core 2:

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc2/x86/

See the "kernel" section of the "Package-Specific Notes".

I would strongly recommend to everyone installing Fedora Core that they *read the release notes*. It would avoid so many questions popping up on this busy list that could have been avoided.

Paul.