Re: Installing from an Updated list of RPMS using NFS

Tony Molloy wrote:
On Thursday 10 March 2005 07:12, Mogens Kjaer wrote:

Tony Molloy wrote:

Hi,

I want to install FC3 using the latest RPMS over NFS. This means I
have to build an updated set of RPMS on my NFS exported partition.
This worked with no problems on FC2.

I copy the FC3 disks to my NFS exported partition. Copy over the
updated version of the RPMS. Tidy up the  Fedora/RPMS directory
removing any duplicated RPMS.

I use a perl script for this:

ftp://ftp.crc.dk/pub/fedora/update/mergedvd.pl

Hi

It's working, thank's to all who replied. Mogens, that script was the lifesaver. The format for the second genhdlist command was what I was missing.

Just one question on the buildinstall command. I didn't actually need it but when I ran it I got the following error.

[root@richmond mnt]# buildinstall --pkgorder /mnt/pkgorder.lst --version 3 --product \"Fedora Core\" --release \"Fedora Core 3\" --prodpath Fedora /mnt

Any ideas.

Looks like bad quoting to me:

\"Fedora Core\"

is two parameters, one with a quote mark at the start of the word and one with a quote mark at the end.

Perhaps it should have been:

buildinstall --pkgorder /mnt/pkgorder.lst \
	--version 3 \
	--product '"Fedora Core"' \
	--release '"Fedora Core 3"' \
	--prodpath Fedora \
	/mnt

(if the quotes were wanted as part of the product and release), or:

buildinstall --pkgorder /mnt/pkgorder.lst \
	--version 3 \
	--product "Fedora Core" \
	--release "Fedora Core 3" \
	--prodpath Fedora \