pacakage management

Hi,
I've just installed Fedora and have run the updates. But Im having
probelms to install additional pacakges in package management in
gnome.
I get an error message say;
Packages no found
The follwing packages could not be found on your system.
Installation cannot continue until they are installed.

Im new to linux and would appreciate if someone could help me.

Regards

Nicks