Re: SLATEC library

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Ed Hill wrote:

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 15:55 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Globe Trotter wrote:

Thanks, btw, it looks like FC has gotten rid of LAPACk. I have noticed that you
are from a Math Sci place. Do you know how we can get Extras or other places to
carry these things? While we can build these things, it would really help if
there is an available repository so that people who don't want to mess with
building can have yum or something automatically update.

AFAIK, it's fairly easy to get a package into Extras if you are willing to maintain it. Some of the other repos may also be willing to carry it on request, esp. if it comes with a maintainer. LAPACK should be pretty easy to maintain, too, as it is fairly standalone and there's already a decent spec file for it.

I only use lapack occasionally, but I'd be willing test, QA, and
otherwise help maintain it in Extras.

Then you want to bring the issue up on fedora-extras-list. And the community salutes you!

Ed

-- Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu