Re: realtek 8139 problem in FC2

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 16:57 +0200, mihai2000@xxxxxxx wrote:

> hye
>
> I have a problem with my netcard realtek 8139 in fedora core 2
> i set my netcard but it doesn't work
> i used the following values:
>
> Ip adress: 192.168.0.24
> netmask: 255.255.255.0
> default gateway: 192.168.0.1
>
> when i use ping 192.168.0.1 i receive the massage:network unreachable
>
> what should I do?

What does mii-tool eth0 tell you?  Does it match the upstream
switch/hub/router?  If not, mii-tool can be used to change it too.
Specifically, duplex and data rate.  Also, if there are LEDs on the
card, is there link.  Might be a bad cable if not.

A couple of other things to check:

Do you have an alias in your /etc/modules.conf (or /etc/modprobe.conf)
for eth0?  It should be 8139too (IIRC).

Run lsmod and see if the module is loaded.  If it's not loaded and you
have the alias in modules.conf, run insmod 8139too and check for errors.

Are there any messages related to the interface in /var/log/messages?

Bob...