Re: Backup & restore of FC3 partition/disk?

Max L. Eidswick ha scritto:
This is a resend of this earlier message – I could not find it or any replies in the archives …

Hi, All – I have FC3 on a removable disk in my ThinkPad a31p (a 60GB). I need to use that disk for some other testing and do not want to lose my FC3 setup. I am sure it is not using more that 15GB and I have an extra 20GB that I would like to use for FC3 instead.

Is there any EASY way for me to backup my FC3 disk/partition and restore it on another disk? The first disk is larger, but the target disk is large enough to handle the FC3 space used …

Thanks,

*Max L. Eidswick*

Hi, for me the best way is to install another copy of FC3 on a smaller HD with the same partition and then use rsync to copy the old hd on the new.