RE: resizing partitions for FC3 install..

paul/others..

the machine is a server, with gnome/vnc. i'd like to do an upgrade to FC3
over the RH/FC2 that's there.. yum left me with a hybrid mess!!

it looks like i can use 'parted' to cobble together an approach to resize
the partitions. but i'd still like to know what a 'good' partition table
should/would look like. the table for this system was put together as a
guess...

should there be separate partitions for usr/var/home or should you simply
have one '/' partition, or does it really matter... the machine is going to
be used for developers creating code/running some basic apache/mysql apps...
but nothing in a production environment..

thanks

bruce