Re: Termcap/Terminfo & Ncurses

Indeed, changing LANG="en_US.UTF-8" to LANG="en_US" seems to fix the screen-via-putty issues. I'll have to wait until later in the day to check out the results on my FreeBSD system, although I suspect that's been fixed by this change as well. Now that I know *what* was causing this issue, I'll have to put some time into learning more about *why* and what the purpose of the initial entry in /etc/sysconfig/i18n was.
Thanks very much for the insight. You've single-handedly restored my faith in mailing lists.
Now...anyone want to tackle some IPMI issues? Eh, I'll bring those up later.
Thanks again.
armen

Justin Zygmont wrote:
I suspect this may be related to UTF.  /etc/sysconfig/i18n