Re: FC3 and selinux

Hans Müller wrote:

Why is /etc/php.ini a link file?

It is a link file because i have installed then Zend Optimizer.

Ok I will add the privs to do this.

and at step 5 I have entry with the avc: denied messages.
This have i found:
Mar  9 13:19:00 homer kernel: audit(1110370740.023:0): avc:  denied  {
unlink } for  pid=5797
exe=/usr/sbin/httpd name=ssl_mutex.5797 dev=hda1 ino=1063633
scontext=root:system_r:httpd_t
tcontext=root:object_r:httpd_log_t tclass=file

Is there a way to get these files creates somewhere else? We might need
to change policy, but allowing httpd the ability to unlink log files
is not an option. Since this would allow a cracker to cleanup his tracks.

I think no. The logfiles the since FC2 can it be that a have to do something with the logfiles??

No the problem is the mutex files. You could clean those up in the init scripts but the problem is, httpd is creating
those files in /etc/httpd/logs directory, which gives them a file context of httpd_log_t which is the same as the log files.
So in order to delete them, httpd needs the ability to delete httpd_log_t, which would allow it to delete its log files.

--
Learn, Network and Experience Open Source.
Red Hat Summit, New Orleans 2005