Re: FC3 Kudzu can't find Advansys SCSI card

Mogens Kjaer wrote:
Cobalt wrote:

OK, will do. In the meantime, is there any way I can force it by
manually configuring whatever kudzu would do automatically?

Test if the driver loads:

modprobe advansys

Check /var/log/messages to see that it is loaded.

Try adding

alias scsi_hostadapter advansys

to your /etc/modprobe.conf and see if the module
is loaded at boot time.

This will only take effect after a rebuild of your initrd.

It's only recently (a month or so) that the advansys module has started being included again in Fedora x86 kernels. Prior to that, you had to build the module yourself, so I did a webpage on how to get it working:

http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/drivers/advansys/

There may be some useful information for the OP there.

Paul.