/dev/hdc file permissions Questions

Hi All,

sometimes I load a scsi cd-rw at boot. It's always loaded as /dev/hdc. I have a coupla Qs about permissions etc. When it's loaded each time, does the file /dev/hdc permissions get altered each time.? I ask this, because, 2 dys ago, I changed the permissions of the file to 666, so as to allow K3b to burn in root mode. This is because the burn process stops mid burn with a 254 error stating cdrecord is not being run with root priviliges. But, the permissions are back as 600 today. I would have thought the file's permissions stay changed despite the loading or not of a block device to that file.? Am I wrong..?