Re: Backup & restore of FC3 partition/disk?

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 14:09 -0700, Max L. Eidswick wrote:
> Hi, All â I have FC3 on a removable disk in my ThinkPad a31p (a 60GB).
> I need to use that disk for some other testing and do not want to lose
> my FC3 setup.  I am sure it is not using more that 15GB and I have an
> extra 20GB that I would like to use for FC3 instead.
>

> Is there any EASY way for me to backup my FC3 disk/partition and
> restore it on another disk?  The first disk is larger, but the target
> disk is large enough to handle the FC3 space used â

ghost, g4l, g4u, tar, monsorescue, and others all come to mind. Each has
differing strengths/weaknesses but all will do what you want (except tar
requires manual configuration of the partitions).

I use mondorescue for my routine bare bones recovery tool in my disaster
recovery plan and it will put everything you want on CDs/DVDs and do the
restore/repartition for you as you specify.