fc3, sendmail, dovecot: cannot receive from outside

this is a bare fc3 install w/no upgrades yet. its it's own dns server
and seems to work fine.

the sendmail.mc config file...the loopback daemon option is commented
out.

I can send and receive a msg to myself using evolution and can send mail
outside but cannot receive.

y'all probably need more info but let's just start here.

I don't think the msgs are getting thru to that system because this
sendmail is setup on an FC2 machine and it's getting the replies of msgs
that should have gone to that other server. So it looks like that fc3
sys is refusing but I can't see in the logs where it's doing so. I have
remaked  the "mc" file a couple times in /etc/mail. host and resolve
look ok...just dunno

thx

John Rose
--
Trust Everyone. Just make sure you brand your cattle.