Re: HOWTO Install apache-2.0.53 mysql-4.1.10 and PHP-5.03

Paul:

As always, your wise comments will surely develop this howto. Thank you for revising it (I hope I spelled that right)

I would like to make the changes and post the update. Be ready!

By the way, making an rpm would be cool. I have made a script that downloads compiles and installs everything (please forgive my "newbieness").

The script is at
http://www.woralelandia.com/downloads/LAMP-2005-Install/

The script downloads everything and puts it in the right dirs. Builds thingy by thingy and it even installs the MySQLi extension automatically.

I agree... you have to be root... root is not good when compiling...

Is this bad? can RPM's use rsync?

I don't expect you to debug this code. You can assume it works... (at least for me)... Is it wise to use and distribute this? Im totally shure it has nothing that can harm you (as far as I know) but I know it can be modified for malicious purpose...

If anyone reads this, I will be waiting for suggestions

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=46877&topic_id=11756&forum=4#forumpost46877