Kernel-doc installation -- why not automatic

Question for the gurus.

A recent message on fedora-list prompted me to look for documentation on my own system regarding kernel-2.6.10-1.770_FC2.
I found none. Scanning the list of rpms available in update direcctories of Fedora Core mirror sites, I notice that kernel documentation rpms had been made available for the 1.12 and 1.14 kernels as well. Those documentation rpms had not been installed on my system either. Is this expected behavior for updates through the up2date utility? Does yum behave the same way?

I have now downloaded and installed the 1.770 rpm so putting it on my system is not an issue.

TIA,

Dave