Port 25 closing?

This is slightly OT, but ti's been driving me nuts, so I'm hoping someone here might have some suggestions as to what to look for here. I have one Windows XP (SP2) machine that seems to randomly prevent connections to our mail server via port 25. Our internal network connects to our mail server, which is outside of our firewall and only this one machine is having this problem. For no apparent reason at all it will suddenly deny all connections made to the mail server through port 25 (it can still RECEIVE e-mail since that goes over secure IMAP port, but it can't send.) I can log onto the firewall, and everything works as far as opening a connection to the mail server. I can get onto a different machine on the network, and connect to the mail server just fine, so I know it's not a firewall issue. It's just this ONE XP machine that's experiencing this problem. And it only started happening after installing SP2. Looking in Windows' firewall log, there's nothing that points to port 25 being blocked. I can't telnet (to anything on port 25, anywhere) from that machine, can't send e-mail, nothing. The solution? Reboot the machine, and suddenly everything works again. So, what gives?

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130