Re: DL360 G3 FC3 boot problem

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 07:43:18PM -0500, Brad Clemmons Jr wrote:
> Well, I think i have what happened.  It looks like the boot loader
> never got installed properly even though I did get a Install finished
> page on the gui (did the graphical install).  I used the Fedora Rescue
> CD to get to a shell then:
> chroot /mnt/sysimage
> grub-install /dev/cciss/c0d0
> rebooted
>
> It works now.

Yes, I saw that with RHEL4, too. sda and hda get ordered before
/dev/cciss/c0d0 and anaconda installs the bootloader on these. Since
FC connected SANs appear as /dev/sdN you often get stuck.

I solved this by disabling the port on the FC switch the box was
connected to during installation. Would be nice if anaconda (and thus
kickstart) had an explicit setting to where to place the bootloader.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net