Re: how to adjust Fedora performance

Mr. MMH wrote:
> i've tried Debian Sarge "testing" Distro it is running as fast as
> WIN98 on my box but i like fedora more than it but fedora runs too
> slow on my pc how can i make fedora runs faster just like debian i
> hacked the kernel many times with best configration for my PC & it
> runs a better than the default one but slower than the debian's .
>
> i don't know what's the diffrence which make this big drop in the
> performance , debian is faster than fedora & the 2 distros contains
> the same versions of Packages :( , i realy like fedora & i need to
> adjust it's performance .

It's very difficult to tell with what you've given us.

What sort of computer are you running? How much memory, and how fast is
the processor? How many system services / daemons are you running? What
desktop environment are you using?

>From what little you've told us, "low memory" is the best working
hypothesis.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | So what would happen if an Enterprise security team,
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | who always get killed soon after appearing, fought a