Re: Wanted: a "Save energy, be more secure" howto

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 21:48:23 -0500
Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

:To maintain 68F on a -10F day is gonna take x
:turns of the wheel in the meter, no more, no less.

Gee, this has gotten so off-topic that I am beginning to like it!

Even so, I must beg to differ. In the real world, heat must not only be
generated, it must also be distributed evenly throughout the house. If not,
then someone in the house is going to open the window (just a crack) in the
90F room, and turn on additional heaters in the 50F rooms. [This, of
course, give a new twist on the concept of "distributed computing".]