Re: How to determine directory size ?

Bob Goodwin wrote:
I have several ways to display directory and file listings but none total the directory size. I would like to know the size before attempting to copy to a CD for back up. xcdroast tells me after I've entered all the data but by that time I may have too much or less than optimum.

How can I get the size in advance?

Check out "man du"

Paul.