RE: Is Linux really faster than MS Windows ?

Completely wrong.
Networking in XP is loaded at boot time, however you have to wait until the
boot is completed i.e. disk-access has finished.
The proof is that you without any problems can access shared resources,
remote desktop etc directly after a boot, and without any users login in.

Regarding stability, My XP-Boxes is on 24/7, I hardly reboot, usually only
when some badly written app. Missbehaves. This happens with my RH-boxes as
well.

I personally think that XP is more or less solid as a rock.

With best regards

Tomas Larsson
Sweden

Verus Amicum Est Tamquam Alter Idem