Re: Tripwire Questions

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 11:30, Mark Sargent wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I followed a Fedora 2 book for setting up tripwire(FC3 box), and used a
> perl script(from the same book) that scans the twpol.txt file,
> removes/adds what's needed and updates the file, which saves a lot of
> manual stuff. Anyway, this is the command I executed,
> /usr/local/bin/cleanpol.pl <twpol.txt.orig \ >twpol.txt
> and, it showed 4 additions and 141 removals. I then went and opened
> twpol.txt with Gedit, but, it's empty. Shouldn't this file be updated
> with the revised rules.? Confused. Cheers.
>
> Mark Sargent.

Sounds like a problem with the script.  I have always manually edited
the twpol.txt file clean it of missing files and add in things that are
not included.

I usually run a check and then use that report to walk through the
policy making the required changes.  Usually takes about 3 or 4 passes
to get a clean policy setup.

Which book are you using?  Would be interested in such a script if one
exists.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

A man said to the Universe:
	"Sir, I exist!"
	"However," replied the Universe,
	"the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."
		-- Stephen Crane