Re: Corel Draw (cdr) to anything edittable.

Frederick Alexander Thomssen wrote:
On Friday 04 March 2005 17:10, Robin Laing wrote:

P Jones wrote:

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 07:39:23 -0700, Robin Laing

<Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I was tasked last night to recover some archived files and came across
the problem of using proprietary file formats.

I have 44 Corel Draw files that I need to convert to something that I
can either view or actually edit such as OOo Draw.

Has anyone come across a solution other than the obvious, find a
Windows computer, find a copy of Corel Draw and install Corel Draw?

I searched for over 2 hours and tried everything that I could.

I have also posted a message to the ImageMagick list as well.

Thank you.
--
Robin Laing

Hi Robin;

If you find anything on this please let the list know (or at least me
;-) ). I've looked for years for a linux solution to CDR files, and
have never found anything. I have several hundred CDR files that I'd
like to convert, and the only solution I've come up with is a file by
file conversion to some other format (WMF or CGM) from within a
Win/CorelDRAW installation.

-P

In my searches last night I did come across one software package that

*mhhh and which software package?

I cannot remember. It was about midnight after being up since 05:30. In one of the revision comments it stated better support for Corel CDR files. But I tried it and there was no luck. I may still have the file on my home computer and I will check.

Being Friday, some people are not in today but I did hear of someone that is supposed to have Corel Draw on their computer. I found a copy of Corel Draw 11 but it won't install on the Windows computer I have as I only have win95.

-- Robin Laing