Re: network configuration

Ryan Olthof wrote:
To clarify my configuration, my wireless connection is from my ISP. It just does not seem to use DHCP to obtain my IP, DNS etc.
automatically. I have tried the NetworkManager as well with no luck. My network adaptor is an Intel 82801DB Pro/EV(CNR) as reported by FC3.
There seems to be some downstream traffic over the connection, but
upstream is either very slow, or not working (after 1/2 hour I had
4kb)

What does "iwconfig -a" report? Do you have the proper ESSID and WEP key set? Channel? Mode (ad-hoc, managed)?

Oh, and bottom-post from now on, please?