Re: GPG signature unknown

Hacksaw wrote:
Boy, I'm not having a good week. Yesterday my monitor died. Given it
was six years old, but I had hoped for a little longer life from it.

But here's today's irritation:

I was trying to upgrade glibc, in the hopes that this might solve my X
woes.

It goes through the dependencies checking and what not, and then
reports that one of the packages has an unknown GPG signature.

I stopped the install.

I have run into this on initscripts as well.

Is it the repository? Is it someone in redhat screwing up? Is there
some package or configuration I have failed to get right? What's
going on here?

Give us a clue then. Which repo? Which key ID does it complain about?

Bear in mind that many packages make it into rawhide without being signed.

Paul.