Re: Booting from a CD Drive

Mitch Pratt wrote:
I have a copy of Fedora Core 3 on CD with instructions to boot the PC from the CD. The Boot Drive for my PC is Drive A for floppy disks and I cannot find any information as to how I can change the Boot Drive to one that uses CD's. It is suggested that I may have to change the BIOS settings. My computer is an Intel Pentium CPU 2.40 Ghz 496 MB RAM.

I'd have thought that a 2.40 Ghz machine was new enough to have booting from CD enabled by default. Have you tried putting the fisrt Fedora CD in the CD drive and rebooting the computer?

P.S. Please don't post HTML to this mailing list.

Paul.