How do I disable ACPI in FC3 x86_64

Hi all,

Due to the fact this it is riddled with bugs that the developers do not
seem interested in fixing, and the battery monitor does not work with it
I would like to disable ACPI on my FC3 laptop.

I've tried adding the acpi=no parameter to the kernel bootup in the
grub.config file but the machine is still booting in ACPI, i.e there is
no /proc/APM folder.

How do I disable it?

Chris