Re: question with console incoming messages

GoijI P wrote:
in fedora i get incoming messages to console as some
system activity goes on. how to disable this feature?.
take sendmail out?.

To get these messages in console, it sounds like you are logged in as root.

The messages have a purpose or they would not be sent to root. I would
not remove sendmail to stop the system messages. You could either use
your mail reader to read, then delete the messages after reviewing if
anything is erroring, or if it is a message related to completed tasks.

running as root, disabling sentry services sounds too dangerous to me.

Jim

-- I've always made it a solemn practice to never drink anything stronger than tequila before breakfast. -- R. Nesson