Re: login manager

On Thursday 03 March 2005 14:50, jim lawrence wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:13:27 -0500, jim lawrence <fedorajim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I have Entrance installed on my notebook.  I would like to know where
> > and what file i need to edit do that entrance is the default login
> > manager.
>
> So far i changed the greeter line in gdm.conf to point to the entrance
> executable which worked, but wouldn't load gnome or any other desktop.
> I think i need entrance to be called instead of gdm but not sure.  Any
> takers??
if you want to do that you could always...
a) edit /etc/X11/prefdm
b) (my personal choice) change the x:5: line at the bottom of /etc/inittab so
that it runs entrance instead of prefdm.
YMMV - assuming that entrance reads the usual Xsession and Xclients files this
should be ok. I have never heard of it before now, so I have no idea how it
works

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE, RHCX, RTFM, ASAP
The opossum is a very sophisticated animal.  It doesn't even get up