FC2 -DELL 8400 Integrated Ethernet gigabit controller problem

Thanks,
 I am nearly stressed up because i am fighting with
this connection for nearly a month, I dont find
Broadcom Netextreme either in the list of adapters.
Also i tried to download the latest kernel RPMs
2.6.10... as adviced but when trying to install rpm -i
kerlnelxxx All i get is a warning message and no
further installation takes place.
 I am mailing by booting with winxp and my FC2 is
still dormant in the other side of my harddisk.
How do i probe for findingout what NIC type i have(ie
what linux detects my NIC type is).
thank you
- ash