Re: Security Breach ?

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 09:43 -0500, Chris Strzelczyk wrote:
...snip...
> > May be it will help if you understand that CISSP is Certified
> > Information Systems Security Professional and requires a minimum of 2
> > years experience and passing a 6 hour exam.  In other words I'm not
> > just making this up.
>
> I know what CISSP means I work right next to one.  But thanks :)
> Someday I would like to take the exam
> but I'm only 25 and I figure I can use more experience.  Acutally I
> figure I need more experience, I'll put this
> in the lessons learned column.
...snip...
It's just alphabet soup.

I have worked in the industry for 18 years, and have seen more
experts with alphabet soup go through our doors than I can stand.

I am not trying to knock you, or the CISSP program, but in my
experience most accreditation systems are just money making
scams. As the saying goes "the proof is in the pudding", if you
are capable of securing, keeping a machine secure and fixing
machines that have been compromised, then you can claim to be
experienced, and it doesn't matter what letters you put after
your name.

--
Guy Fraser, BOFH
:-)