Re: Security Breach ?

Am Do, den 03.03.2005 schrieb Chris Strzelczyk um 15:43:

> > May be it will help if you understand that CISSP is Certified
> > Information Systems Security Professional and requires a minimum of 2
> > years experience and passing a 6 hour exam.  In other words I'm not
> > just making this up.
>
> I know what CISSP means I work right next to one.  But thanks :)
> Someday I would like to take the exam
> but I'm only 25 and I figure I can use more experience.  Acutally I
> figure I need more experience, I'll put this
> in the lessons learned column.

Chris,

at least you detected the intrusion your own and not by getting
complaints from others about your host acting as a hostile drone. I
think this is much more than the average Linux user would be able to.
Well, this is no excuse for not having maximum security with a host
public serving to the net with direct internet connection. But it shows
you observe your box and check for unusual activities.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 16:49:58 up 10 days, 3:58, load average: 0.03, 0.13, 0.16